A permanent solution for baldness
HAIR IMPLANT / HAIR MICRO-TRANSPLANTS
The only natural and permanent solution for male alopecia
COMBINED WITH LED LIGHT AND CELL BIO-STIMULATION
Now, at Clínica IMEBA® you can say goodbye to common or inherited alopecia, as well as alopecia caused by a scar. The results are very natural, it’s almost impossible to tell the difference between an original and a transplanted one. This intervention is more of a true work of art than a surgery.
This treatment, natural and safe, speeds up the scarring process, as well as the repair process of the tissues.
At Clínica IMEBA®, we have surgeons who are specialists for the most innovative hair implant techniques: The FUSS technique (Folicular Unit Strip Surgery) and the FUE technique (Folicular Unit Extraction).
The main difference between both techniques lies within the extraction method of the folicular units from the donor area.
1.- FUSS (Folicular Unit Strip Surgery):
This is a painless and very effective hair implant technique that allows implanting one and a half thousand folicular units each intervention, which is roughly equal to five thousand hair.
- 1st STEP: Preparation of the donor area: the donor area is the nape of the neck, that’s where a strip of scalp will be extracted from, after that, the incision is sutured, leaving a linear scar that’s imperceptible once the hair starts growing again.
- 2nd STEP: Preparation of the folicular units: the strip of scalp extracted from the nape of the neck is divided into folicular units ready to be transplanted.
- 3rd STEP: Implant in the receiving area: millimetre incisions are done as separations to be able to implant every single one of the folicular units.
2.- FUE (Folicular Unit Extraction):
- 1st STEP: Small micro-tunnels are done in the scalp of the donor area, which is where the folicular units are going to be extracted from. These micro-tunnels are random and minimum cylindrical insertions, that’s the reason why no scars or cuts of any kind are produced, leaving hardly any visible marks.
- 2nd STEP: The folicular units are individually extracted from the donor area and stored until the moment of their insertion. This way, each folicular unit (of one, two or three hairs each) is directly extracted with its corresponding tissue, sebaceous gland, collagen… making the subsequent insertion possible without the need of any additional handling.
- 3rd STEP: The folicular units are loaded into an “implanter”. It’s a device made to insert the folicular units once it passes through the scalp. This method reduces the trauma caused to the patient to a minimum.
In case of both of the possible techniques, the surgery is ambulatory, and is performed with local anaesthesia and sedation.
Is it a permanent technique?
Yes. The donor area is located in the back side of the head. In this area, the hair follicles have no receptors for testosterone, the male hormone that causes the thinning, weakening and falling off of the hair. Even when transplanted to the front area, these follicles remain unaffected by testosterone, which is the reason why their growth is permanent and equal to that of the non-transplanted areas.
Who is suitable for this treatment?
The hair transplantation is suitable for cases of common or androgenic alopecia, meaning a premature and progressive loss of hair in the frontal and parietal areas.
It also is indicated in cases of post-traumatic alopecia, consequences of scars in areas with hair growth. In both cases, the baldness is irreversible, and the only effective and permanent solution is a hair implant.
How long does the intervention take?
Between three and five hours. The greatest part of the time is used to microscopically separate the folicular units extracted from the nape of the neck.
How many sessions are necessary?
Depending on the density of the donor area and the extension of the receiving area, more than one session might be necessary to get the desired result.
How long does is take for the result to be visible?
During the eighth month the hair already has a natural appearance, and the final result is reached one or one and a half years after the surgery.
Is the postoperative period painful?
It’s a painless process. During the first week, swelling and crusts might appear in the transplanted area. During the second and the fourth month the transplanted hair drops (telogen phase of the hair growth). This is totally normal, there is no need to be worried, after that, the growth and normalisation stage begins.
- the patient mustn’t drink anything containing alcohol or caffeine;
- you won’t be able to smoke a few days before and after the treatment;
- you’ll need to sleep with the head elevated;
- no physical exercises should be done during two weeks;
- two days after the intervention, the head can be washed with warm water;
- one month later you can get a haircut.
Also included is a free consultation with experts in the matter.
starting at 3.500€ (depends on the implants)
with financing (for example 3.500€):
12 months 324€/month
24 months 164€/month
36 months 111€/month
48 months 85€/month
60 months 69€/month
To book your appointment, please call us at 971 102 103 or click here to send a message.